


I'm probably way behind the times, but I finished Twilight before Christmas and then read New Moon and Eclipse my first hospital round. Stephanie Meyer is so talented~wow! I just loved them. I can't imagine doing the movie though because I just have everything pictured perfectly in my head and I don't want to ruin it. If you haven't read these and have a big chunk of time where you don't care if you get anything done (ha!), I would completely recommend these series. They are very clean, such well written suspense/romance novels. I've got Danielle hooked now. I have to admit I started reading Twilight and was like, this is about a girl in high school who falls in love with a vampire? What the heck? Oh, but the author just sucks you in (literally!) and you can't put them down. To intrigue you, the back cover of the first book says,
"About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a Vampire.
Second, there was a part of him - and I didn't know how dominant that part might be - that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
First, Edward was a Vampire.
Second, there was a part of him - and I didn't know how dominant that part might be - that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
Okay, so who has read these or is reading them right now? What did you think?!?
9 comments:
I have to go and get these books. I swear I am the last one on earth to read them. I have heard they are good....and I love Vampires!!!
As you already know, I have read all three of them, and I just ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!! I am almost done reading Eclipse with Heber, and he really likes the books too! HA! It's been a bonding experience to read them together, and it's so nice to have him interested in something I'm totally interested in. I love the suspense, the love Bella and Edward have for each other, the way Edward shows superb self control over his desire to want to kill her, and I love the humor in it and the history behind all the characters in the books. I love how you have Edward, who's so poised and controlled, and then you have Jacob, who's so bold with his temper and his feelings and etc... the two interacting with each other is HILARIOUS! I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out! But it sounds like they are going to change the story in the movie, and Victoria isn't going to be in it. Weird. I hope they do a pretty darn good movie, or I'll be really upset!
OH! And I can't wait to read the next two books. I am preparing myself for Bella ending up with Jacob, because I've heard that Stephenie meyer's favorite character is Jacob. Which I like him, but I don't want her to end up with him. I like Edward WAY too much! But I'll have to accept it if that's how Stephanie wants it to be. :(
Would you believe that "Twilight" was the inaugural book for the 33rd ward book club? All of us book clubbers loved it and are now hooked....
I must admit, I think I am one of the only people who wasn't a big fan! Crazy I know. I could barely get through the first one. I was kind of interested in what happened in them, so a good friend who LOVES them filled me in, but I didn't quite have it in me to read on. I am glad that you liked them, especially when you really needed something to occupy your mind!
Lynette, I think you would love them.
Mandy, that's cool that Heber is reading them~Hyrum just would not dig these, I'm afraid :) And Jacob just doesn't do much for me, I would die if she ended up with him.
Sara, what a fun book to read for book club~I'm glad everyone liked it.
Lichelle, you are the first person I've personally known that didn't like it, but I'm sure there are more~maybe they're scared to come out! :)
I got Twilight for Christmas, but let my mom borrow it before I started reading it. She's almost done with it and I'm super excited to get my hands on it. I heard about this book for the first time well over a year ago, and it hasn't stopped! Everyone seems to love the series. I'm glad you enjoyed it:)
Mellisa, I saw you blog on Sarah's blog and thought I would send you a little note. I am totally addicted to those books as well. I hope you and your family are doing well. We miss you. Love HEIDI
I read them all over Thanksgiving one right after the other and LOVED them! I can't wait for the 4th book and hello, the MOVIE!!
Post a Comment